OPERATOR OF UNINSPECTED PASSENGER VESSELS (OUPV) OR 6 PACK
This license has long been the most popular license issued by the Coast Guard. Carrying not more than 6 passengers for motor or sail vessels. License is good for 100 miles offshore.
The Requirements for Near Coastal (100 miles offshore) otherwise you can get an Inland OUPV license are:
- 360 Days of boating experience with 90 days of that time offshore (beyond the U.S. territorial boundary line for Near Coastal).
- Free of drug or Felony convictions in the past 3 years.
- Approved First Aid & CPR course (completed within 1 year of USCG application date).
- Physical Exam with eyesight 20/200 or 20/400 with waiver corrected to 20/40(completed within 1 year of USCG application date).
- Drug Test. (completed within 6 months of USCG application date).
- TWIC Card or proof of application for a TWIC Card.