Lifeboatman-Proficiency In Survival Craft/Lifeboat Refresher (STCW)«Back
QUALMI-749: Lifeboatman Proficiency In Survival Craft/Lifeboat Refresher STCW
COURSE LENGTH: 2 DAYS
This training satisfies the competency requirements of Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code, As Amended, for Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSC) for those seafarers not having evidence of 1 year of sea service within the past 5 years provided the applicant had previously been issued a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats endorsement; and will satisfy the professional examination and practical demonstration requirements 46 CFR 12.407(b)(3) for any endorsement as Lifeboatman and PSC.
Practical Training Objectives:
- Steer and give proper commands under oars
- Preparation and safe launching and recovering of survival craft.
- Engine startup and checklist procedures
- Boat handling drills after launching
- Proper use of radio equipment & signaling devices
- Proper use of sea painter in the launch & recovery of a lifeboat
- Correct use of personal safety equipment
- Taking control of all operations in the safe execution of all of the above
Examination: A comprehensive practical training and assessment involving all aspects of launching, operating and recovery of lifeboats is conducted during the second day of training. Successful participation in and completion of all aspects of the practical training/assessment is required to pass the course.